Followers

10/13/23

 “I’m God’s Child”
from Bob Wynn

The Gospel touches me most when I think of the woman at the well from John 4. Like her, I have felt like an outsider much of my life. That has led to bouts of anger and depression at times.

But even though I feel like an outsider, through Christ's words to the Samaritan woman, I know that I am just as much a child of His as anyone. It is His grace and mercy and knowing that I am continuously loved that keeps me on the level.

The image of the flowing water of life keeps my thirst quenched.

100 words

My friend Bob Wynn is pastor of the O’Neill and Atkinson Global Methodist Churches. In this OMG Bob gives us a personal testimony of what Christ has done in his life. I appreciate his transparency, saying that he has often “felt like an outsider.”

And while those outsider feelings remain, his experience of belonging comes from listening to Jesus. Bob knows he’s a child of God now. Remembering that he is “continuously loved” is a shield against negative emotions.

Jesus told the woman at the well, “. . . whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life” (John 4:14, NIV). It means that in belonging to Jesus we find what we need most. And we are satisfied.

Next post: Tuesday, October 17, “May Your Kingdom Come” from Russ Tompkins

-st



No comments: