Followers

12/15/23

Hide and Seek
from Bracken Sheldon

Like a game of hide and seek,
but we each got lost the longer we looked
for a place to hide.

Lost in perfectionism.
Lost in work.
Lost in public opinion.
Lost in an escape from reality.
Lost in family politics.
Lost in being better than the Joneses.
Lost in pleasure.
Lost. Lost. Really lost.

I AM seeking.
Looking where you wandered.
Looking where you fell.
Looking with eyes of love.
Looking with a heart of compassion.
Until you are found in Me.
Until your wounds are healed.
Until you are safe in My Arms.
Lost no more.

98 words

I met Bracken years ago when he was a teen in my brother’s youth group. For a while I got to be his pastor, and I count him as my friend. After some stints as a pastor and other occupations, Bracken is now aiming toward ordination next year in the Church of the Nazarene. His calling is to be an evangelist and to strengthen churches in renewal and evangelism.

Bracken’s OMG reminds me I am so lost that I cannot fathom how lost I am. But I am never so lost that God cannot find me.

For those who may not be familiar, “I AM” refers to Yahweh, the name of God in the Old Testament, usually translated with all caps as LORD.

This OMG points us to Jesus who says, “I am the Good Shepherd” (John 10:11). “…the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out” (John 10:3).

“And when he has found [his lost sheep], he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders” (Luke 15:5). Or as the Shepherd says in this OMG, “…safe in My Arms. Lost no more.”

Please leave a comment below.

Next post: Tuesday, December 19, “Receive Abundant Life” from Wes Johnson

-st




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bracken